About the Library
SIBM-B is a Wi-Fi enabled Campus with an uninterrupted Internet connectivity aimed at making the learning a seamless experience. It incorporates a rich blend of physical and digital resources catering to the requirements of an educated and elite group of students and faculty.
The main objective is to create a Knowledge Resource Centre with an exhaustive collection of books and case studies across a wide range of subjects, in order to meet the dynamic needs of the Academic community. Our Library provides a range of books, periodicals, e–resources and multi-media resources.
All the administrative functions of SIBM-B Library are being done through KOHA Library management software.
Members of SIBM-B Library have access to more than 44,000 E-Journals, more than 4 E-Databases and more than 194000 E-Books through SIU Library portal.
SIBM-B Library has subscribed to E-resources such as Harvard Business Review, CMIE ProwessIQ, CMIE ProwessDX and Indiastat to access information that supports students, faculty and research scholars.
|Sr. No.||Name of the Collection||Number of the Collection as on May 2020|
|4||Multimedia (CD / DVD’S)||289|
|Sr. No.||Name of the Collection||Number of the Collection as on May 2020|
Databases: CMIE ProwessIQ, CMIE ProwessDX, Harvard Business Review
- Library Timings
|Monday to Sunday||9.00 am to 5.00 pm||8.00 am to 2.00 am|
- General Rules for SIBM-B Students
- Members shall observe silence in the Reading Hall.
- All students will receive an email informing about the books to be returned. Despite this if the books are not returned on the due date, students have to pay overdue charge of Rs.5/- per day per book.
- In case a Book/Magazine/Journal/CD is lost; the borrower has to replace the same with the latest Edition/Version of the material. If the copy is out of print, then the user has to pay the cost of the material along with the overdue amount of fine.
- Borrowers are advised to make use of bookmarks to mark their reading and return the books in good condition.
- Members shall not write upon, damage or mark any book / resources belonging to the Library.
- Library staff has the authority to deny the usage of Library premises &/or resources in case he/she finds inappropriate behavior.
- Members shall not smoke, or spit in any part of the Library.
- In case members wish to bring their personal reading resources to the Library premises; they have to inform the library staff and seek permission for the same.
- Members leaving the Library should stop at the exit so that the material borrowed or taken out by them can be checked by the person at the counter.
- Identity Card is mandatory for getting access to the Library premises even for the in-house students.
- Books removed from the shelves by students, if not required for reference, should be kept in the drop-bin or on table nearest to them. Please do not try to shelve them by yourself.
- The newspaper(s) are available on the newspaper stand for reading. Do not cut any part of the paper.
- Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage Library resources in any way. Anyone found doing so, will be charged the full replacement cost of the resource. It is responsibility of the user that the books borrowed be protected from RAIN, DUST, INSECTS, etc.
- Students are advised to issue books on their own cards only. Disciplinary action shall be taken if the staff finds the subscription rights being misused.
- All users are requested to keep their mobiles switched off or in silent mode when they are in the Library. The staff has the right to confiscate mobile phones, if they are used inside the Library premises.
- Beverages and Eatables are not allowed inside the Library.
- No photography allowed inside the Library premises without prior permission of the Librarian.
- Library reserves the right to call back any issued book/item at any time.
- Students are advised to come to the Library in proper attire. In case the Library staff finds the attire inappropriate he/she may be asked to leave the Library premises.
- The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the Library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.
Membership is by default extended to
- Faculty (Full time and Visiting) and staff of SIBM, Bengaluru.
- MBA and MBA (Executive) students of SIBM, Bengaluru.
Rules for the Members
- Students, Faculty and Staff of SIBM-B avail the facility by producing the Identity card of the SIBM-B. Identity card is the only mandatory criteria to avail SIBM-B library membership.
- Members should adhere to the dress code of the institute.
- Reading Hall Members should carry their own material for study.
- Library will terminate the member in case of misbehavior / violation of rules.
- Borrowing Facility
|Category||Checkout Limit||Loan Period|
|Faculty Member||10||One Semester|
|Visiting Faculty||2||One Semester|
|Research Scholars||2||30 Days|
- Borrowing Rules
- Books which are labeled / stamped as reference books are not for borrowing.
- Library is authorized to declare/hold certain books as reference material according to the demand. The book may not be labeled as Reference material.
- Old loose issue of magazines only can be borrowed. New/Latest issues and back volumes are for reference only.
- Borrowing period for particular material can shrink according to the demand.
The library has following sections and resources:
News room: This section helps students and the community to remain updated on daily happenings. Below is a list of newspapers, magazines and journals subscribed by the library:
Following are the newspapers subscribed by the SIBM-B Library.
|Deccan Herald||Indian Express|
|Business Line||Times of India|
|The Economic Times||The Hindu|
Following are the magazines subscribed by the SIBM-B Library.
|Business World||Business Today|
|Outlook Money||Outlook Business|
|Competition Success Review||Reader Digest|
|Economic Political Weekly||Forbes India|
|Fortune India||Open Source for You
|The Economist||Harvard Business Review|
|Bloomberg Business Week||Time|
Following are the journals subscribed by the SIBM-B Library.
|Journals : Research Papers, Case Studies|
|Metamorphosis A journal of Management Research||South Asian Journal of Business and Management Cases|
|Asian Journal of Management Cases||Global Business Review|
|IIM Kozhikode Society and Management Review||International Journal of Rural Management|
|Journal of Emerging Market Finance||Journal of Entrepreneurship|
|Journal of Human Values||Vikalpa Journal|
|Journal of South- Asian Development||Management & Labour Studies|
|Paradigm||South-Asia Economic Journal|
|Indian Journal of Finance||Indian Journal of Marketing|
|Foreign Trade Review||Vision|
|Prabhandan: Indian Journal of Management||Arthshastra Indian Journal of Economics & Research|
Following are the e-resources subscribed by the SIU Central / Institute Library. E-resources can be access through Library portal https://library.siu.edu.in
SIBM-B Library has given Library portal credentials to its all user.
|Factiva||Emerald Management E-Journal|
|Journal Citation Reports||Elsevier: Science direct|
|McGraw Hill Education India eBooks||EBSCO|
|Sage Research Methods||Turnitin|
|E –Research||Harvard Business Case Collection|
|Frost & Sullivan|
|Web of Science|
Library committee consists of the following members:
|Sl. No.||Name||Designation||Committee Designation|
|1.||Dr. Madhvi Sethi||Director||Chairperson|
|2.||Prof. Vidyasagar Alur||Dy. Director||Member|
|3.||Dr.Sangeeta Paliwal||Librarian – SIU||Invitee|
|4.||Dr. John Ben P||Associate Professor||Member & Faculty Incharge|
|5.||Dr. Aarti Mehta Sharma||Assistant Professor||Member|
|6.||Dr. D. Subramaniam||Adjunct Faculty||Member|
|7.||Prof. Atish R. Dasgupta||Adjunct Faculty||Member|
|8.||Mrs. Chitra Samant||Administrative Officer||Member|
|9.||Mr.Gurumurthy.Y||Asst.Library Incharge||Member Secretary|
SIBM-B students can send their feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to suggest a Book or Journal or CD to purchase in the Library, you may write email to: email@example.com
Designation: Asst. Library In-Charge
Experience: 14 Years
Designation: Senior Office Attendant
Experience: 12 Years
Address: # 95/1, 95/2, Electronic City Phase I, Hosur Road, Bengaluru – 560100
Phone No.: 080 8067139577
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web OPAC link http://symbiosis-koha.informindia.co.in/
Web OPAC is an Online Public Access Catalogue which allows Library users avail the services of the Library using Internet. Every Library member gets the access of Web OPAC where he/she can check his/her circulation history, recommend new book titles to the Library, create own reading list of favourite books etc.
SIU Library Portal
National Digital Library
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) under its National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT) has initiated the National Digital Library of India (NDL India) pilot project to develop a framework of virtual repository of learning resources with a single-window search facility. NDL India is designed to hold content of any language and provides interface support for leading Indian languages. It is being arranged to provide support for all academic levels including researchers and life-long learners, all disciplines, all popular form of access devices and differently-abled learners. It is being developed to help students to prepare for entrance and competitive examination, to enable people to learn and prepare from best practices from all over the world and to facilitate researchers to perform inter-linked exploration from multiple sources.
SWAYAM is a programme initiated by Government of India and designed to achieve the three cardinal principles of Education Policy viz., access, equity and quality. The objective of this effort is to take the best teaching learning resources to all, including the most disadvantaged. SWAYAM seeks to bridge the digital divide for students who have hitherto remained untouched by the digital revolution and have not been able to join the mainstream of the knowledge economy.
The Shodhganga@INFLIBNET is set-up using an open source digital repository software called DSpace developed by MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) in partnership between Hewlett- Packard (HP). The DSpace uses internationally recognized protocols and interoperability standards. Shodhganga provides a platform for research scholars to deposit their Ph.D. theses and make it available to the entire scholarly community in open access. The repository has the ability to capture, index, store, disseminate and preserve ETDs (Electronic Theses and Dissertations) submitted by the researchers.