DR. RAJESH PANDA
M.A,PGDABM(IIM-A),Ph.D,UGC – NET,
Total Experience (In Years): 13
Dr. Rajesh PandaPresent role: Professor and Director, Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru. Rajesh has also served as Deputy Director in SIBM Pune and as Product Manager in CFL Secunderabad in the past. Besides being a Professor and Director at SIBM B, Rajesh is also an adjunct Faculty with School of International Business and Entrepreneurship, Steinbeis University, Berlin and a visiting faculty at IIM Ranchi. He is also a member of the ‘Planning and Monitoring Board’ and ‘Academic Council’ of Symbiosis International Deemed University. Rajesh is a graduate of IIM, Ahmedabad and he holds Master’s degree in Economics and PhD degree in Retailing. Rajesh has also audited the Harvard Business School GLOCOL Programme in 2015 on invitation from Harvard University, Boston, USA. Rajesh has been awarded the Best professor in Marketing by National Educational Leadership Awards in 2014. Rajesh has more than 25 peer reviewed publications in various national and international journals and four case studies with Ivey Publishing, Canada and Harvard Business School Publishing, USA to his credit. He has also presented research papers in various prestigious international conferences including NACRA Conference in Orlando USA, ICSD Conference in Oxford University, UK and various other academic conferences in IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Lucknow and IIT, Delhi to name a few.
Rajesh has been invited as a speaker in various industry and academic conferences like FICCI Higher Education Conference(New Delhi, 2018), ASMA Conference(Bengaluru, 2018), Adobe Education Leaders Seminar (Thailand, 2017), MBA Universe Convention (Bengaluru, 2017), Higher Education Technology Conference (New Delhi, 2015), SME Marketing Conclave (Bangalore, 2014), TATA GeMS Programme (Titan Industries, 2014) etc. Rajesh has vast experience in corporate training, research and consulting with companies like Godrej, L & T, HUL, Infosys, ITC, IBM, Amdocs, Zensar, BMC Software, Mphasis, Wipro, CapGemini, WNS, BACS, John Deere, Avaya, McDonalds, Praj Industries, Taco,Tyco, M&M, Allscripts, Eclerx etc. He is a reviewer of marketing books with Pearson Education and Tata McGraw-Hill education private limited. The teaching and research area of Rajesh include Customer Relationship Management, Business Analytics, Leadership, Team Building etc.
- Dr. Rajesh Panda, Prof. Semila Fernandes, (04/2018), Social Reference Group Influence on Women Buying Behaviour: A Review, Journal of Commerce and Management Thought- Vol 9 Issue 2a,( J-Gate,EBSCO Discovery,Summon(Proquest),Google Scholar,Indian Science Abstracts,ISSN- 0975-623X)
- Dr. Rajesh Panda, Prof. Semila Fernandes, (2018), Product Conspicuousness & Reference group Influence among women: An Empirical Analysis, International Journal of Public Sector Performance Management (IJPSPM),( ABDC, Scopus Forthcoming articles)
- Dr. Rajesh Panda, Deepa Rohit(01/2018) Cause-Brand Association and Consumer Attitude: A Review, Indian Journal of Commerce and Management Studies (IJCMS), Vol-IX Issue 1,(ISSN-2249-0310)
- Dr. Rajesh Panda, Dr. Biranchi Narayan Swar(12/2017), Customer Satisfaction, Product Quality and Service Quality: An Empirical Analysis for Staple and Luxury Products, International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, Volume 15, Number 16 (Part – II),(Scopus,ISSN_ 0972-7302)
- Dr. Rajesh Panda, Dr. Madhvi Sethi(12/2017), Millennium Development Goals and India: A Cross Sectional Analysis, International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, Volume 15, Number 16 (Part – II),(Scopus,ISSN- 0972-7302)
- Dr. Rajesh Panda, Dr. Biranchi Narayan Swar(04/2017), Customer Satisfaction and Online Retail Service Quality: A SEM Approach, International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, Volume 15, Number 16 (Part – II),( Scopus,ISSN- 0972-7302)
- Panda Rajesh, Sethi Madhvi (03/2017) An Analysis of Factors Influencing Crossborder Acquisitions and its Implications For India. International Journal of Business and Economic Research, Vol 15(2) pg no. 249-259 (Scopus ISSN:0972- 7302).
- Panda Rajesh, Sethi Madhvi (01/2017) India and Bilateral Trade: A Gravity Model Approach. International Journal of Business Insights and Transformation, Vol 8(2) pg no. 30-36 (Scopus ISSN: 0974-5874).
- Panda Rajesh, Sethi Madhvi (12/2016) Changing Paradigm in Trade Theories: A Review and Future Research Agenda. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(46) 1-6 : 1-7 (Scopus ISSN: 0974-6846).
- Panda Rajesh, Swar Biranchi Narayan (08/2016) Customer Expectations and Performance of Banks : An Empirical Analysis. Indian Journal of Marketing, 46(8) : 25-36 (Indexed in Scopus; ISSN: 0973-8703).
- Panda Rajesh, Sethi Madhvi (05/2016) Gold as an Investment Option in India : Myth and Reality. Indian Journal of Finance, 10(5) : 7-21 (Scopus ISSN: 0973-8711).
- Panda Rajesh, Swar Biranchi Narayan (04/2016) Electronic Retailing: A Review of Determinants of ‘Online Shopping Intentions in India. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(15): 1-6 (Scopus,Ebsco,Index Copernicus; ISSN: 0974-6846).
- Panda Rajesh, Sethi Madhvi, Kumaran M. (04/2016) A Study of Bilateral Trade Flows of China and India. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(15): 1-7 (Scopus,Ebsco,Index Copernicus; ISSN: 0974-6846).
- Swar B.N, Panda Rajesh (03/2015) Green Marketing in India: A Study of Selected Cases. International Journal of Applied Services Marketing Perspectives, 4(1): 1444-1449 (ISSN: 2279-0977).
- Swar Biranchi Narayan, Panda Rajesh (05/2015) Indian Retail Banking: Understanding Customers Expectations. Perspectiva – A Case Research Journal, 1(1): 23-32 (ISSN: 2394-9961).
- Panda Rajesh (06/2014) Soybean Price Forecasting in Indian Commodity Market: An Econometric Model. Journal of Academia and Industrial Research, 3(1): 58-62 (Google Scholar,DOAJ,Index Copernicus; ISSN: 2278-5213).
- Panda Rajesh, Swar Biranchi Narayan (03/2014) Online Shopping: An Exploratory Study to Identify the Determinants of Shopper Buying Behaviour. International Journal of Business Insights and Transformation, 7(1): 52-59 (Ebsco,Cabell’s directory,e-JEL,; ISSN: 0974-5874).
- Panda Rajesh, Swar Biranchi, Mukerjee Kaushik(07/2014) Factors Affecting Brand Trust: An Exploratory Investigation among Indian Retail Consumers. Indian Journal of Marketing, 44(7): 7-17 (Scopus,Cabell’s directory,Academic Keys,Elsevier Bibliographic Databases,Index Copernicus,Indian Science Abstracts; ISSN: 0973-8703).
- Panda Rajesh (12/2013) FDI in Multi-brand Retail: An Analysis of the Impact on Different Stakeholders and Possible Options for Indian Retailers. Economic Affairs, 58(4s): 445-449 ( ISSN: 0976-4666).
- Panda Rajesh (07/2012) Banking to the poor: Different models and lessons for India. Samvad, 4: 80-83 (ISSN: 2249-1880).
- Sane Vivek, Panda Rajesh (09/2012) Regional Brands in India, the way ahead. Samvad, 5: 34-38 (ISSN: 2249-1880).
- Rajesh Panda, Sanjay Bhale (10/2012) Socio Economic Zone: A Concept for Sustainable Economic Development. Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics and Management, 2(11): 33-41 (ISSN: 2249-7307).
- Sanjay Bhale, Rajesh Panda (10/2012) Sustainable Business Growth in Pursuit of Globalisation. International Journal of Business Economics and Management Research, 3(10): 25-36 (ISSN: 2229-4848).
- Panda Rajesh (09/2011) Case Study. Samvad, 3: 79-81 (ISSN: 2249-1880).
Proceeding Papers Published
- Rajesh Panda, M Kumaran (02/2015) China and its Bilateral Trade: An Empirical Analysis Using Gravity Model. In: SIFICO2015-Contemporary Issues in Modern Finance, 1(1), pp: 37 (ISBN: 978-93-84935-13-9).
- Rajesh Panda, Madhvi Sethi, Kumaran M (12/2015) A Study of Bilateral Trade Flows of China and India. In: SIMSARC, 1(1), pp: 37 (ISBN: 978-93-84935-13-9).
- Panda Rajesh, Swar Biranchi Narayan (01/2015) Service Quality Delivery in Indian Retail Banks: An Importance-Performance Analysis. In: 6th IIMA Conference on Marketing in Emerging Economies,pp: 75-81 (ISBN : 978-81-920800-3-1).
- Swar Biranchi Narayan, Panda Rajesh (09/2013) Green Marketing Initiatives: A Study of Selected Cases from India. In: 13th International Conference on Emerging trends, Challenges and Opportunities in Global Business, Management, Tourism and Information Technology Organized by Research Development Association and Research Development Research Foundation in collaboration w, , pp: 115-116 (ISBN : 978-81-920965-2-0).
- Dr. Rajesh Panda (10/2012) The urban-rural divide: How sustainable is it to maintain the Indian growth story? In: International Journal of Academic Conference Proceedings, 1(2) (ISBN: 2164-263X).
- Rajesh Panda (11/2012) A globalised India and challenges for sustainable growth. In: Proceedings of kf Forum for Global Knowledge Sharing, 7th Annual International Conference of Knowledge Forum; Theme: Technology Intensity and Global Competiveness, , pp: 317-326
- Rajesh Panda (03/2012) Niche B Schools: Addressing Requirements of Emerging Industries. In: Proceedings of IX AIMS International Conference,
Case Studies Published
- Dr. Rajesh Panda, Madhvi Sethi, Gupta Pooja (11/2016) Groupon India – A Management Buyout Decision. ISB-Ivey Case Competition (the case study was among the top 10 Honourable mentions at ISB-IVEY global case study competition-2016).
- Dr. Rajesh Panda, Gupta Pooja (01/2016) Amarnath Gupta and Sons: The Business in Family Business. ISB-Ivey Case Competition.
- Sethi Madhvi, Panda Rajesh (01/2015) Economics of Gold 2013: A Case of India. ISB-IVEY Global Case Competition 2014.