DR. MADHVI SETHI
Professor and Director, SIBM Bengaluru.
MBA, Ph.D. Post Doctoral Fellow
Total Experience (In Years): 13
Dr. Madhvi Sethi completed her post-doctoral fellowship from Indian School of Business(ISB), Hyderabad after doing her Doctorate in the area of financial markets. Her research interests lie in the area of financial markets, financial economics, mergers and acquisitions and capital structure decisions. She has presented papers in several international and national conferences. Her research papers have been published in various peer-reviewed journals in India and abroad. She has co-authored a book titled “Indian Business Groups: Strategy and Performance” which has been published by Cambridge University Press, India. Her co-authored cases are available on Harvard Business Publishing and Ivey Publishing. Dr. Sethi has been appointed as the Research Mentor for SIBM-Bengaluru by Symbiosis International (Deemed University), Pune. She has been involved in corporate programmes conducted at Wipro and Infosys where she has been teaching executives at different management levels. Dr. Madhvi Sethi has been invited to deliver guest sessions at Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University (UK) and Gabelli School of Business, Fordham University (NY). She is also an adjunct Faculty with School of International Business and Entrepreneurship, Steinbeis University, Germany.
Journal Papers Published
- Dr. Madhvi Sethi, Parthiv Thakkar, Zahid M. Jamal(03/2018), A Simulation Model for Pricing the Spread in a Credit Default Swap: Application and Analysis, SDMIMD Journal of Management Vol 9, Issue 1(Ebsco,Open J-Gate,ISSN-023207906)
- Dr. Madhvi Sethi, Akansha Asher, Dipali Krishnakumar(12/2017), Capital Structure Decisions of Indian Drugs and Pharmaceutical Firms, Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development-Vol 8, Issue 4,( Scopus,ISSN-09765506)
- Dr. Madhvi Sethi, Dipali Krishnakumar, N Chidambaran(10/2017), Cross-border vs. domestic acquisitions: Evidence from India, Journal of Economics and Business -Vol 95(Scopus,Ebsco,ERIC,RePec,American Business School (ABS),ISSN-01486195)
- Dr. Rajesh Panda, Dr. Madhvi Sethi(12/2017), Millennium Development Goals and India: A Cross Sectional Analysis, International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, Volume 15, Number 16 (Part – II),(Scopus,ISSN- 0972-7302)
- Panda Rajesh, Sethi Madhvi (03/2017) An Analysis of Factors Influencing Crossborder Acquisitions and its Implications For India. International Journal of Business and Economic Research, Vol 15(2) pg no. 249-259 (Scopus ISSN:0972- 7302).
- Panda Rajesh, Sethi Madhvi (01/2017) India and Bilateral Trade: A Gravity Model Approach. International Journal of Business Insights and Transformation, Vol 8(2) pg no. 30-36 (Scopus ISSN: 0974-5874).
- Panda Rajesh, Sethi Madhvi (12/2016) Changing Paradigm in Trade Theories: A Review and Future Research Agenda. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(46) 1-6: 1-7 (Scopus ISSN: 0974-6846).
- Panda Rajesh, Sethi Madhvi (05/2016) Gold as an Investment Option in India : Myth and Reality. Indian Journal of Finance, 10(5) : 7-21 (Scopus ISSN: 0973-8711).
- Panda Rajesh, Sethi Madhvi, Kumaran M. (04/2016) A Study of Bilateral Trade Flows of China and India. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(15) : 1-7 (Scopus,Ebsco,Index Copernicus; ISSN: 0974-6846).
- Krishnakumar Dipali, Sethi Madhvi (04/2016) Post IPO Mergers and Acquisitions Strategies: Evidence from India. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(15) : 1-8 (Scopus,Ebsco,Index Copernicus; ISSN: 0974-6846).
- Dr. Madhvi Sethi, Pooja Gupta (03/2016) Sherlock and the Capital Structure Maze. Perspectiva: A Case Research Journal pp, Volume II(1) : 13-20 ( ISSN: ISSN: 2394-9961 e ISSN: 2).
- Venkatesh V G, Bhattacharya Sonali, Sethi Madhavi(02/2015) Performance measurement of sustainable third party reverse logistics provider by Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA): A case study of an Indian apparel manufacturing group. International Journal of Automation and Logistics, 1(3) : 273-283 (Cabell’s directory,Google Scholar; ISSN: 2049-6753).
- Kumar Ravi, Sethi Madhvi, Krishnakumar Dipali(02/2015) Transforming Banking through Telecom – An Approach. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 8(4): 1-12 (Scopus,Ebsco,DOAJ,Index Copernicus,Indian Science Abstracts,Research Bible,Thomson Reuteurs,Ulrich’s Periodicals Directory; ISSN: 0974-5645).
- Krishnakumar Dipali, Sethi Madhavi, Chidambaran N .K. (11/2014) Foreign Direct Investment and Strategic Partnerships: Cross Border Acquisitions between India and Africa. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 157: 45-54 (Thomson Reuteurs,ScienceDirect; ISSN: 1877-0428).
- Madhvi Sethi, Ravi Kumar (04/2014) Indian Power Utilities a Panacea for Financial Revival. Global Journal of Finance and Management, 6(1): 67 ((Ebsco; ISSN: 0975-6477).
- Sethi Madhvi, Krishnakumar Dipali (10/2013) An Analysis of Characteristics of Large Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions. Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, 17(4): 67-81 (Scopus; ISSN: 1096-3685).
- Krishnakumar Dipali, Sethi Madhavi (07/2012) Methodologies used to determine mergers and acquisitions performance. Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal., 16(3): 75-91 (Scopus; ISSN: 1528-2635).
- Ashok Singh, Sethi Madhvi (08/2011) Mobile Money Order: The Next Step in Improving the Efficiency of Indian Postal Money Orde. SCIT Journal, 11: 31-41 (ISSN: 0974-5076).
Book, Monographs Published / Edited
- Ram Kumar Kakani, Santosh Sangem, Sethi Madhvi(02/2015) Indian Business Groups :Strategy and Performance. Cambridge University Press India (ISBN: 9789384463373).
Book Chapters Published
- Sethi Madhvi (09/2011) Local Global Local loop in International Curriculum Development. In: Internationalization of Higher Education (Edited by: Gupte, R., Venkataramani, B., Gupta, D) Excel Book Publishers
Case Studies Published
- Madhvi Sethi, Saina Baby, Vandita Dar (11/2018): Universal Basic Income: Is there a Case for India? ISB-Ivey Case Competition (the case study was among the top 10 Honourable mentions at ISB-IVEY global case study competition-2018).
- Dr. Rajesh Panda, Madhvi Sethi, Gupta Pooja (11/2016) Groupon India – A Management Buyout Decision. ISB-Ivey Case Competition (the case study was among the top 10 Honourable mentions at ISB-IVEY global case study competition-2016).
- Sethi Madhvi, Gupta Pooja (01/2015) Sherlock Homes and the Game of Financial Ratios. ISB IVEY Case Competition 2014,
- Sethi Madhvi, Panda Rajesh (01/2015) Economics of Gold 2013: A Case of India. ISB-IVEY Global Case Competition 2014
Proceeding Papers Published
- Rajesh Panda, Madhvi Sethi, M Kumaran(02/2015) China and its Bilateral Trade: An Empirical Analysis Using Gravity Model. In: SIFICO2015-Contemporary Issues in Modern Finance, 1(1), pp: 37 (ISBN: 978-93-84935-13-9).
- Madhvi Sethi, Vijayaraghavan P (01/2015) Indian Firms and Double Exit Strategy: An Empirical Analysis. In: Twelfth AIMS International Conference on Management, 1(1) , pp: 1 (ISBN : 978-81-924713-8-9).
- Rajesh Panda, M Kumaran (02/2015) China and its Bilateral Trade: An Empirical Analysis Using Gravity Model. In: SIFICO2015-Contemporary Issues in Modern Finance, 1(1) , pp: 37 (ISBN : 978-93-84935-13-9).
- Madhvi Sethi, Pooja Gupta (08/2014) Impact of US Policy Changes on Value of Selected IT Companies in India. In: Emerging Trends in Finance and Accounting, 1(1) , pp: 1 (ISBN : 978-93-83302-02-4).