DR. RAJESH PANDA
Professor and Director, SIBM Bengaluru.
Dr. Rajesh Panda has been serving as the Director of Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru from April 2013.
Dr. Panda is also an adjunct Faculty with School of International Business and Entrepreneurship, Steinbeis University, Berlin and a visiting faculty at IIM Ranchi. He is also a member of the ‘Planning and Monitoring Board’ and ‘Academic Council’ of Symbiosis International Deemed University.
Dr. Panda is a graduate of IIM, Ahmedabad and he holds Master’s degree in Economics and PhD degree in Retailing. He has also audited the Harvard Business School GLOCOL Programme in 2015 on invitation from Harvard University, Boston, USA.
Dr. Panda has more than 25 peer reviewed publications in various national and international journals and four case studies with Ivey Publishing, Canada (distributed by Harvard Business School Publishing, USA) to his credit. Rajesh has also presented research papers in various prestigious international conferences including NACRA Conference in Orlando USA, ICSD Conference in Oxford University, UK and various National Conferences in IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Lucknow and IIT, Delhi to name a few.
Rajesh has been invited as a speaker in various industry and academic conferences like GES in association with CII(November, 2019), FICCI Higher Education Conference(New Delhi, 2018), ASMA Conference(Bengaluru, 2018), Adobe Education Leaders Seminar (Thailand, 2017), Higher Education Technology Conference (New Delhi, 2015) etc.
Rajesh has vast experience in corporate training, research and consulting with companies like Godrej, HUL, Infosys, ITC, IBM, Amdocs, Zensar, BMC Software, Mphasis, Wipro, CapGemini, WNS, BACS, John Deere, Avaya, McDonalds, Praj Industries, Taco,Tyco, M&M, Allscripts, Eclerx etc.
- Panda, R., Sethi, M. & Gupta, P. (01/2020). Swadhaar: Self-Support through Financial Services. Ivey Publishing (the case study was among the top 10 Honorable mentions at ISB-IVEY global case study competition-2018, Case no. 9B20N002)
- Panda Rajesh, Gupta Pooja, Sethi Madhvi (08/2017) ‘Groupon India- A Management Buyout Decision’’. IVEY Publishing ( the case study was among the top 10 Honorable mentions at ISB-IVEY global case study competition-2016, Case No- 9B17NO19)
- Panda Rajesh, Gupta Pooja, Sethi Madhvi (10/2016) “Amarnath Gupta and Sons: The Family Business”. Ivey Publishing (the case study was the winner in entrepreneurship category at ISB-IVEY global case study competition-2015, Case No- 9B16M183)
- Panda Rajesh, Sethi Madhvi (03/2016) “The Economics of Gold: India’s Challenge in 2013”. IVEY Publishing (the case study was among the top 10 Honorable mentions at ISB-IVEY global case study competition-2014, Case No- 9B16N009)
The case studies are available with IVEY Publishing and Harvard Business School Publishing for distribution.
- Fernandes, Semila & Panda, Rajesh. (2019). Comparative and Socio-Demographic analysis among Working Women and Non- Working Women: A study on Reference Group Influence. European Alliance for Innovation, pp(197 – 224), ISBN: 978-1-63190-191-1, ISSN: 2593-7650 ( Web of Science, Scopus)
- Fernandes, S. F., & Panda, R. (2019). Product conspicuousness and reference group influence among women: an empirical analysis. International Journal of Public Sector Performance Management, 5(3-4), 384-398. ( ABDC, Scopus)
- Fernandes, S., & Panda, R. (2019). Influence of Social Reference Groups on Consumer Buying Behavior: A Review. Journal of Management Research (09725814), Apr-Jun 2019,19(2). (ABDC Journal)
- Panda Rajesh, Madhavi Sethi and Shivam Agarwal (2018) “Sustainable Development Goals and India: A Cross-Sectional Analysis”. OIDA International Journal of Sustainable Development, 11(11), pp. 79-90(ISSN: 1923-6654)
- Fernandes Semila & Panda Rajesh (2018) “Social Reference Group Influence on Women Buying Behaviour: A Review. Journal of Commerce and Management Thought, 9(2), pp. 273-291( ISSN: 0976-478X , listed in ICI, Proquest, Ebsco)
- Rohit Deepa and Panda Rajesh(2018) “Cause-Brand Association: A Review” Journal of Management Research, 18(1), pp. 13-26, (ISSN: 0972-5814, EISSN: 0974-455X, listed in ICI, ABDC)
- Rohit Deepa and Panda Rajesh(2018) “Cause-Brand Association and Consumer Attitude: A Review” Indian Journal of Commerce and Management Studies, 9(1), pp. 61-71, (ISSN: 2249-0310, EISSN: 2229-5674, Ebsco)
- Panda Rajesh and Swar Biranchi Narayan (2017) “Customer Satisfaction, Product Quality and Service Quality: An Empirical Analysis for Staple and Luxury Products” International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 15(16), pp.109-120, (ISSN: 0972 7302, Indexing in American Economic Association, Scopus.
- Panda Rajesh and Sethi Madhvi (2017) “Millennium Development Goals and India: A Cross Sectional Analysis” International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 15(16), pp.427-438, (ISSN: 0972 7302, Indexing in American Economic Association, Scopus (Elsevier)
- Panda Rajesh and Swar Biranchi Narayan (2017) “Customer Satisfaction and Online Retail Service Quality: A SEM Approach” International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 15(2), pp.307-318, (ISSN: 0972 7302, Indexing in American Economic Association, Scopus (Elsevier).
- Panda Rajesh, Sethi Madhavi and Chaudhuri S. (2016). Changing Paradigm in Trade Theories: A Review and Future Research Agenda. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(46). (Scopus, Ebsco, Index Copernicus; ISSN: 0974-6846)
- Panda Rajesh and Sethi Madhvi (2016) “Gold as an Investment Option in India: Myth and reality” Indian Journal of Finance, 10(5), 7-21 ( ISSN: 0973-8711, Scopus, Google Scholar)
- Panda Rajesh and Swar Biranchi Narayan (2016) “Customer Expectations and Performance of Banks-An Empirical Analysis” Indian Journal of Marketing 46(8), pp.25-36, (ISSN: 0973 8703, Indexed in Scopus (Elsevier)).
- Swar Biranchi Narayan and Panda Rajesh (2016) “Electronic Retailing: A Review of Determinants of ‘Online Shopping Intentions’ in India” Indian Journal of Science and Technology (ISSN-Online: 0974 5645, Print: 0974 6846), 9(15), pp.1-6 (Impact Factor: 1.30), (Indexed in Scopus, J-Gate and Ebsco).
- Panda Rajesh, Sethi Madhavi, Kumaran M. (2016) A Study of Bilateral Trade Flows of China and India. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(15) : 1-7 (Scopus, Ebsco, Index Copernicus; ISSN: 0974-6846).
- Panda Rajesh and Sethi Madhvi (2015) ‘’India and Bilateral Trade: A Gravity Model Approach’’. International Journal of Business Insights and Transformation, 8(2) : 52-59 (Ebsco, Cabell’s directory, e-JEL,; ISSN: 0974-5874)
- Swar Biranchi Narayan, Panda Rajesh (2015) Green Marketing in India: A Study of Selected Cases. International Journal of Applied Services Marketing Perspectives, 4(1) : 1444-1449 ( ISSN: 2279-0977)
- Panda Rajesh, Swar Biranchi Narayan (2015) Indian Retail Banking: Understanding Customers Expectations. Perspectiva – A Case Research Journal, 1: 23-32 ( ISSN: 2394-9961).
- Panda Rajesh, Swar Biranchi, Mukerjee Kaushik (2014) Factors Affecting Brand Trust: An Exploratory Investigation among Indian Retail Consumers. Indian Journal of Marketing, 44(7) : 7-17 (Scopus,Cabell’s directory, Academic Keys, Elsevier Bibliographic Databases, Index Copernicus, Indian Science Abstracts; ISSN: 0973-8703).
- Panda Rajesh, Swar Biranchi Narayan (2014) Online Shopping : An Exploratory Study to Identify the Determinants of Shopper Buying Behaviour. International Journal of Business Insights and Transformation, 7(1) : 52-59 (Ebsco, Cabell’s directory, e-JEL,; ISSN: 0974-5874)
- Panda Rajesh (2014) Soybean Price Forecasting in Indian Commodity Market: An Econometric Model. Journal of Academia and Industrial Research, 3(1) : 58-62 (Google Scholar,DOAJ, Index Copernicus; ISSN: 2278-5213).
- Panda Rajesh (2013) FDI in Multi-brand Retail : An Analysis of the Impact on Different Stakeholders and Possible Options for Indian Retailers. Economic Affairs, 58(4s) : 445-449 ( ISSN: 0976-4666).
- Panda Rajesh (2012) Banking to the poor: Different models and lessons for India. Samvad, 4: 80-83 ( ISSN: 2249-1880).
- Rajesh Panda, Sanjay Bhale (2012) Socio Economic Zone: A Concept for Sustainable Economic Development. Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics and Management, 2(11) : 33-41 ( ISSN: 2249-7307).
- Sane Vivek, Panda Rajesh (2012) Regional Brands in India, the way ahead. Samvad, 5: 34-38 ( ISSN: 2249-1880).
- Sanjay Bhale, Rajesh Panda (2012) Sustainable Business Growth in Pursuit of Globalisation. International Journal of Business Economics and Management Research, 3(10) : 25-36 ( ISSN: 2229-4848).
- Panda Rajesh (2011) ITC’s e-Choupal, a case study on Rural Marketing. Samvad, 3: 79-81 ( ISSN: 2249-1880)
- Fernandes, S & Panda, R (2019). Social reference group influence on Working and Non-Working Women: An empirical study (Extended Abstract), 14th SIMSR Global Marketing Conference – Marketing to Millennials, Conference Proceedings, ISBN: 978-81-934533-8-4
- Fernandes, S & Panda, R (2017). Online Shopping Influences: Scale Development And Validation (Extended Abstract). Fifth PAN IIM World Management Conference, IIM L (UP) Conference Proceedings, ISBN: 978-93-5291-635-1.
- Panda Rajesh, Swar Biranchi Narayan (2017) “An Empirical Study of the relationship among customer satisfaction, fairness, and retail brand loyalty in bricks and mortar stores” in the 7th IIMA Conference on Marketing in Emerging Economies Organized by IIM, Ahmedabad during 11th-13th Jan’17, pp.407-410, (ISBN: 978-81-920800-6-2).
- Panda Rajesh, Swar Biranchi Narayan (2015) “Service Quality Delivery in Indian Retail Banks: An Importance-Performance Analysis” in the 6th IIMA Conference on Marketing in Emerging Economies Organized by IIM, Ahmedabad during 7th -9th Jan’15, pp.75-81, (ISBN: 978-81-920800-3-1).
- Rajesh Panda, Madhvi Sethi, M Kumaran (02/2015) China and its Bilateral Trade: An Empirical Analysis Using Gravity Model. In: SIFICO2015-Contemporary Issues in Modern Finance, 1(1) , pp: 37 (ISBN : 978-93-84935-13-9).
- Swar Biranchi Narayan, Panda Rajesh (09/2013) Green Marketing Initiatives: A Study of Selected Cases from India. In: 13th International Conference on Emerging trends, Challenges and Opportunities in Global Business, Management, Tourism and Information Technology, , pp: 115-116 (ISBN : 978-81-920965-2-0).
- Panda Rajesh (03/2012) The urban-rural divide: How sustainable is it to maintain the Indian growth story? International Journal of Academic Conference Proceedings, 1(2) (ISSN: 2164-263X).
- Rajesh Panda (03/2012) Niche B Schools: Addressing Requirements of Emerging Industries. In: Proceedings of IX AIMS International Conference,
- Panda Rajesh (2012) A globalised India and challenges for sustainable growth. In: Proceedings of kf Forum for Global Knowledge Sharing, 7th Annual International Conference of Knowledge Forum; Theme: Technology Intensity and Global Competiveness; organized by Symbiosis International University during Nov. 30-Dec. 2, 2012, Pune, India, pp. 317-326.
- Dr. Rajesh Panda, Dr. Biranchi Narayan Swar (05/2019): Impact of Customer Satisfaction on Retail Brand Loyalty: Does Fairness Matter? Emerald Publishing Limited, Advances in Business Management. ISSN/ISBN – 978-1-78635-425-9, page no. 64-81.
- Kulkarni, Rishikesh, Panda, Rajesh & Sethi, Madhvi (2018). Gravity Model Applications in Understanding Trade: A Review and Future Research Agenda. Emerald Publishing Limited, Advances in Business Management. ISSN/ISBN – 978-1-78635-425-9, page no. 346-366