- Candidate should be Graduate from any recognized University/ Institution of National Importance with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes).
- Candidates appearing for final year examinations can also apply, but their admission will be subject to obtaining a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes).
- A candidate who has completed qualifying qualification from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Association of Indian Universities
AIU House, 16 Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg
(Kotla Marg), Landmark: Opposite National Bal
Bhawan, Near I.T.O., New Delhi-110002, India
Tel. No.+91-11-23230059; 23232429; 23232305
Email: email@example.com Website: www.aiuweb.org
Note: It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualifications/eligibility for admission. Having been admitted provisionally does not mean acceptance of eligibility. Final eligibility for admission will be decided by Symbiosis International University.
Intake: 180 students
As per the UGC Regulations, following will be the reservation policy for admission to any program of Institutes of SIU (Except Symbiosis Institutes of Management Studies, which has separate policy #)
A. Within Sanctioned Intake
· Scheduled Caste (SC) : 15%
· Scheduled Tribes (ST) : 7.5%
· Differently Abled * : 3%
B. Over &Above Intake
· Kashmiri Migrants : 2 seats per program
· International Candidates : 15%
Candidates applying from categories other than Open Category are required to submit valid supporting document (s) at the time of GE-PIWAT (if shortlisted).
* Differently Abled Category (DAC) at SIU
In compliance with Govt. Directives on disability guidelines issued by the office of the Chief Commissioner for persons with disabilities vide Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment New Delhi notification no. 16-18/97 on dated 01 June 2001 and University Grants Commission Notification No. F.6-1/2006 (CPP-II/SCT) dated 30/09/2009, SIU has made provision for reserving 3% seats for Differently Abled Category (DAC) students in all the Constituent Institutes of SIU.
The types of disabilities covered are:-
a) Vision Impairment
b) Hearing Impairment
c) Locomotors Disabilities
d) Mental Retardation
e) Multiple Disabilities
All candidates claiming admission under DAC will be provisionally admitted under the said category. Thereafter, the candidate will be required to obtain an 'Authentication Certificate' from Symbiosis Centre of Health Care (SCHC) within one month of commencement of the program. SCHC will check the validity of documents produced by the candidates and verify the continued existence and extent of the disability.